Take your vitamins. It is very important for general health. Food is the biggest source but you can’t always get everything you need in the right amounts from food alone.
I take a skin vitamin with Vitamin E and a heart one with garlic because my cholesterol is high.
Many people take supplements in the form of vitamins and capsules daily and these are the recommended daily ones:
- Multivitamins – give yourself the power advantage by taking multi vitamins daily. Make sure it is 100% of the daily value of all the 12 essential vitamins & minerals.
- Vitamin B12 – this is effective in fighting Alzheimer’s disease and researchers found that there is definitely an association between B12 blood levels and Alzheimer’s
- Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D – Calcium is responsible for building strong bones and teeth and taking calcium has been shown to reduce broken bones and fractures and taking Vitamin D at the same time helps to absorb the calcium better. Magnesium helps to prevent constipation which is often associated with taking calcium supplements.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil – taking Omega 3 Fish Oil reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Research shows that the oil fatty acids break up clots before they can cause any damage. It also promotes better brain function and intelligence and improves memory, recall, reasoning and focus. It can also help to reduce depression, bipolar and psychosis. It can also reduce the incidence of breast, colon and prostate cancer by helping to stop the alteration from a normal healthy cell to a cancerous mass, by inhibiting the unwanted cell growth and by killing cancer cells off.
- Aspirin – This is one of the most widely prescribed products to reduce common colds and headaches, mild pain, toothache, muscle aches and preventing strokes and heart attacks too. However you must be careful as there are some negative effects too so always check with your GP before taking aspirin.
Stay healthy dear friends, Elisa x